Top 1 cobol programming jobs you should apply now
The Exchange is offering cobol programming jobs for an Application System Program Analyst (COBOL/DB2) to join our IT team, within our Dallas based corporate office, as well as telework options for fully qualified candidates.
Our mission is to provide goods and services to military men, women and their families around the world. With 126 year history, our 35,000 employee based company provides stability, awesome benefits, and a defined pension plan; all highly sought after in the current employment market.
Purpose of Job
Working with our WALKER Financial systems, to apply expert knowledge of the IT application management process to the support of a specific EXCHANGE / AAFES business function.
MUST HAVE COBOL / DB2 experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging to support business functions application systems (specifically Walker Financial systems).
- Create detailed program specifications for application developers.
- Responsible for ensuring the application systems are in compliance to security, audit policies, and procedures.
- Monitor the performance of the application system.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation, may write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Provide project leadership for the planning and execution of major projects for the application system, consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Ensure data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions for the application systems.
- Define disaster recovery requirements and plans and delivers a disaster recovery solution for the applications systems.
- Serve as third level support for user problems, resolving complex problems.
- Coordinate with business units, the Project Management Office (pmo), outside entities and it staff to confirm compliance and risk mitigation has been met.
- Respond to telephone calls and email requests for application systems support.
- Safeguard physical access to Exchange restricted data, processes and services.
5 years experience in computer system design and computer programming using the applicable computer languages
Complete IT professional certification or training program in programming/development in computer science
A Bachelor’s degree in information technology and 3 years experience in computer system design and computer programming using the applicable computer languages
- COBOL/DB2/JCL & WALKER Financial System experience.
- Strong system analytical & programming skills, technical writing / documentation skills (Visio flowcharting).
- Adept problem solver with focused attention to details.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and multitask across many concurrent tasks.
- Experienced in gathering business and technical requirements, developing business and technical specifications, developing and peer reviewing technical designs.
- Ability to provide and be responsible for production support in a 24×7 environment.
- Desire to take ownership of and be accountable for multiple mainframe legacy systems.
- Financial & Accounting systems background a plus.
- Walker financial experience a plus (CASE tool experience).
- TGS, RGS, SCR, DOP, FAMS
- Technical experience using Walker Release 17.0+ applications within the last 3-5 years or previous AAFES Walker experience is a plus.
- Desire to train and mentor associates
Please call Doug Cole, Corporate Recruiter, at 214-312-2119 for additional details.