Software Engineer Needed (Python/Django)
Bohubrihi is an EdTech company that offers professional online courses, career-track programs and corporate eLearning services to help people master new skills and accomplish more in life. With 50+ courses, 80k+ registered students and 400% yearly revenue growth, Bohubrihi is one of the leading and fastest growing edTech startups in Bangladesh and The Business Standard recently dubbed the platform as Bangladesh’s answer to Coursera.
We have come this far (80k students) using a website built with WordPress! To support our fast growth and ensure superior user experience at scale, we are planning version 2.0 of our platform using Python & Django. We are looking for a self-driven, growth-freak, jack-of-all-trade Software Engineer who can potentially lead the development of Bohubrihi v2.0 (keeping a focus on back-end).
In 2021, this platform will play the leading role in building THE MOST SUPERIOR eLearning website of Bangladesh (superior in every sense). Please do not apply if you aim any lower than that.
Job Nature: Full Time
We are looking for someone who –
- Has the ambition of growing with the company and claiming the position of Team Lead / CTO in the coming years
- Takes pride in his/her ability of learning new things every single day and taking new challenges going beyond the comfort zone
- Is flexible and can adapt in a fast-paced, unstructured startup environment
- Can explain technical concepts to non-technical team members
You must have –
- 12 to 18 months of software development experience
- Expertise on Python & Django
- Experience with API based architectures
- Working knowledge of MySQL & MongoDB
- Proper knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Bachelor degree in CSE, Software Engineering or relevant fields (degree requirements may be relaxed only for exceptionally skilled candidates)
You will be given preference if you also have –
- Working knowledge of AWS or any other public cloud
- Experience in working with front end JS frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue)
You should apply for –
- Monthly Salary: BDT 50,000 to BDT 70,000 (maybe more for deserving candidate)
- The opportunity of growing with a very ambitious, young and welcoming team. You will build and own a tech that will help millions of people in the coming years – do not apply if this doesn’t excite you.
- Employee stock options (if you do become the CTO eventually, and we hope you do)
- Yearly salary review (the first review will be in 6 months)
- 2 festival bonuses
- Lunch & snacks
- Free access to Bohubrihi’s premium courses
- House 3/B, Lake Circus School Road, Kalabagan, North Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh